Dr. Visvesvaraya lived for 101 years. Once someone asked him, “What is the secret of this long life?” Dr. Visvesvaraya said, “Do all work on time. I work on time, eat on time, sleep on time. I go for regular walks and exercise on time. I stay away from anger. This is the key to my long life.”
Secret of long life: Busyness - Someone asked Prafulla Chandra Roy, the founder of “History of Hindu Chemistry” and renowned chemist, “Which days are the busiest moments in your life?” He said, “A busy person never has a shortage of time. In fact, the busiest days of my life are the days after I cross sixty years of age. Even after 60 years, I kept doing something or the other, I remained busy.”
112 year old Joaquin Silva, a resident of Brazil, told the secret of staying young even at this age, "I keep doing some work or the other. I remain active all day. I do not drink alcohol."
Former Prime Minister, 95 year old Shri Morarji Desai was asked, 'What is the secret of you being self-dependent and healthy at this age?' Shri Morarji replied, "I am a devotee of Gita. I do not desire the fruits of my work. I regularly use natural health remedies. Milk is my main diet. Boiled bitter gourd, dates, fruits, dry fruits are sufficient to give strength to my body. I have not eaten grains since 1975. I have not found any difference between my words and actions in life. I have always been an optimist." Despite reaching the highest position of Prime Minister of India, Shri Morarji Desai does not have a house of his own. These very good qualities are the secret of his long life.
Satvik Diet: The Basis of Life - Naturopathy scholar Dr. Verner McFadden says that do not dig your own grave with your teeth. Eating less food does not cause as many deaths as eating too much. Control your tongue and do not stuff your stomach with food just for the taste. Pure Satvik diet increases the life force of the body. Overeating shortens a person's life span.
112-year-old Mrs. Katherine Prakett tells the secret of her longevity, "I have always kept my lifestyle as simple as possible, but more than that, the secret of my longevity is to take interest in other things, to do some other fun work for entertainment. I do not do the same kind of work all day."
The 110-year-old woman told that if she falls ill, she drinks a glass of hot milk mixed with 125 grams of ghee. This cures her illnesses. She does not take medicines. Such characteristics of the lives of those who have lived a long life are exemplary for longevity.
Behaviour - Make old age pleasant. Give advice and advice to people younger than you only when they ask for it. Do not restrain children after they stand on their own feet. Do not think about what they do. Old people have more time and less work. So keep yourself busy by doing family work, teaching children, selfless service and taking care of your personal health. Do not consider yourself useless. Keep reading books on spirituality and health. Keep this thought in mind that the time has come to leave everything and go, so why do you cherish love and hatred. Dispassion is happiness.
